Thursday, February 10, 2011

Midland Shower

A couple of weeks ago, some family friends and my best friend from high school threw me a baby shower in Midland. As it turns out, the only shots that were captured with my camera were of me unwrapping gifts, and not of the amazing decor and food, so I'll have to find those on my mom's camera.

But the facial expressions that were candidly captured here are fantastic, so I have to share some. Also, I discovered the morning of the shower that my maternity nice pants no longer fit. So if I look incredibly uncomfortable in some of these, it's because I was!



Adorable sock dog from new Morgan



Okay, so this blue bear is from Brian's "second" parents, Tommy and Molly. Their youngest son, Justin, had a blue bear called "Baby Bear" that he literally took with him everywhere. Molly found this "Baby Bear" which is strikingly similar to the original "Baby Bear", with the odd exception of a patch on his belly which says "Apple". In this picture, I'm trying to figure out what the "Apple" patch is all about, I think. But really, such a cute bear!!!



For anyone out there about to have a baby, I am IN LOVE with this soft playmat! The brand is "Bestever" and I think BabiesRUs may carry them, but I know you can find them on Amazon (the softest and most precious is the baby lamb). This monkey mat is amazingly soft and I LOVE it!! Cannot wait for B to get here so he can enjoy it!



The hostesses got us our Pack N Play!!! Gran is really intrigued by it- she'd never heard of a Pack N Play!



Our quilt!!! Brian's mom made us this amazingly beautiful bedding!



My beautiful mothers!



The hostesses with the mostest!

I had SO much fun! I cannot thank these ladies enough!

2 comments:

Tami said...

It looks like you had a wonderful shower. You look great, by the way. I'm sure you are anxious for your little guy to get here!

Molly Keene said...

Kelli,
So glad you liked the Baby Bear. My mother crocheted it for Baby B using Baby Bear as a pattern. She could not find a sunshine for the stomach so settled on the Apple. Linda's mother, Irene, made the much-loved Baby Bear for Justin before he was born. Molly Keene