
As you walk into the room, you see the crib, glider recliner and then the twin bed and changing table (not in this picture) to the left.

Another view of the crib- you can see the wall clock from this angle. Brian's worried that the ticking will prevent the baby from sleeping, but as long as he's used to it, it won't, right???

Opposite wall from the crib, here's the changing table/ dresser and the twin bed with the (have to point it out!) headboard that Brian and I made a couple of months ago. Still quite impressed with our craftiness! The picture tiles above the table were given to us by one of the hostesses of our Midland shower, and I think one of her friends hand-painted them. Our bedding fabric was used as inspiration for the paintings, and we just love them!
Sidenote: The lamp we're using in his room has been sitting boxed up in our garage for over 5 years. I decided that we should pull it out when I discovered that there really was no good floor or table space for a lamp, but with my deep-seeded hatred of overhead harsh lighting, (did I get this from you, Mom?? Brian thinks I'm a freak!) I insisted that a lamp be present. It's pretty cool- it stretches out on an arm as needed, can be adjusted vertically, etc. Not baby-themed at all, but it works perfectly for this space!

As you walk into the room and look left, this is the view. You can see above the bed the stuffed animal hanging net that my friend Amanda and I (mostly Amanda) crafted. This kid's not even born yet and he has a ton of stuffed animals! We wanted to show them off but with limited space, didn't have anywhere to put them, so this was the ideal solution.
We're thrilled with the way everything turned out, and now we just need the kid! In case you haven't heard, we're planning on inducing on 2/28 for a 3/1 birthday if he doesn't come sooner! Just one week!





3 comments:
Hi! Just found your blog through Rockabye Restoration! The nursery looks fantastic :)
Love all the stuff up and ready to go! The clock will be good white noise :] The baby will love it...maybe it will even mimic your heartbeat?? Sounds good right?? Love you lady!!!
So cute! You will want a clock in there, trust me! Praying for you and sweet baby boy's safe arrival!
Post a Comment