Tomorrow, we go to the doctor for the first time, hopefully to hear our sweet bean's heart beat for the first time. It's so amazing to think that there's a life inside of me!! I've been hesitant to get really, REALLY excited about the pregnancy until we get confirmation of a healthy pregnancy from the doctor. I guess it just seems like we've been waiting to start a family for so long that it can't possibly actually be time. Also, I've had a couple of friends who have been pregnant, only to miscarry around the 8th week or so.
I've not been overly apprehensive, but still, we're waiting to tell people until we do have actual confirmation from the doc that we are indeed pregnant (and two preggo tests didn't lie!) and that it's a viable pregnancy. (Not that we would do anything if the doc said that it's not viable- we would leave that all up to God, but you know what I mean.)
So, pregnancy symptoms thus far:
-Strong cravings for specific foods at a certain time
-Chest tenderness
-Sleeping more than usual (last Friday I slept for 11 hours straight)
-BAD (for me) acne
-BAD (for me) acne
Other than that, it's business as usual!! I have to say, we're DYING to tell people. We're making a special trip to Midland this weekend to tell my family, and I can't wait! Once we do that, we can tell other people as well. We spend a lot of time talking about how we're going to tell certain groups of people. Brian won't discuss names yet, so at this point, telling people is all we CAN talk about now.
Can't wait to post these "secret" posts so you can reminisce about this apprehensive time with me!!





No comments:
Post a Comment