Friday, December 5, 2008

It's NOT a Pageant!!

So I'm in a Christmas Pageant... Except it's NOT a Christmas Pageant! My friends Casey and Melissa insist on calling it that to tick me off, and it's not!! Well, not in the sense that you picture with actors telling the entire story of Christ's coming through a dramatic production. It sort of is a pageant in that there are actors, and there is a play, but it's so much more than that!

McKinney Fellowship Bible Church is the church that Brian and I have attended for several years now, and this year, they decided to take on a full-blown Christmas event. I'm talking five different actual productions plus Mainstreet activities (crafts, bake sale, roaming carolers, etc.). It's pretty insane and at this point, I can't promise you that it's all going to come together without quite a few disasters. So come if for no other reason except to see me forget my lines and hear the children with no supervision murder each other backstage. (Hehe... I actually almost witnessed this very thing last night, except I was going to be the murderer...) There's the Christmas spirit!! :-)



A Christmas Festival Dec 12-13, 6:00-9:30pm

"McKinney Fellowship will come alive with crafts, music, baked goods, and multiple performances on two main stages each night, all the while carolers and musicians may weave through the evenings’ program. The main performances will range from smaller vocal teams to larger choirs, from children to adults, including a drama. And we are proud to bring you a version of Las Posadas, a celebration unique to the Hispanic heritage. Regardless of age, language, gender or taste there will be something for everyone at this year’s Festival!"

Learn more about the McFBC's Christmas Festival here.

Purchase tickets here (they're $2 for BOTH nights, people!)

Side note: This is my first production since the highly-acclaimed, award-winning production of "Charlotte's Web" my junior year in Pickwicks. (I was a narrator then too!)

1 comment:

Pleasant Living said...

Break a leg! And, those pies are beautiful!