Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You're Killing Me, Smalls!!

Anyone catch that reference??

Anyhoo, can I ask you a favor? Can you please be in prayer for me today?

Do you ever come across projects that seem cursed? I'm working on one of those right now. Here's the list of issues we've had so far:

1) Can't obtain files from original designer, must pay to recreate
2) Client identifies an ultimate deadline one week away with several proofs still to go, not to mention printing
3) New designer uploads files with errors, then goes on vacation; must pay NEW designer to change issues that other new designer created
4) Printer fails to email notifying me that project has shipped, so I was unable to get new shipping address on 4,000 catalogs
5) UPS says they can intercept, and in fact, they fail to do so
6) Printer supposed to overnight one sample copy to me sends to address in San Antonio (???)
7) To create 160 copies of catalog for conference tomorrow with a local printer, plus overnight shipping totals $1500

Needless to say, my nerves are shot. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh, but right now, I'm NOT LAUGHING. I'm in fact very close to crying.

Please pray that I will rely on God, even in these day-to-day mundane tasks. (Obviously, I can't handle them on my own!!) Please pray that God will give me a peace today, even as projects crumble around me. Please pray that I don't take my frustration out on my sweet husband who is working from home today.

:-)

2 comments:

Liz Rock said...

Oh the sand lot! Love that movie!!!! Lotioning and oiling oiling and lotioning! I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Anonymous said...

The Sandlot...LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Did you know they are making a remake or something along those lines.