First of all, I have to (again) give huge thanks to our friends who were a HUGE help when Brian was in the hospital, and afterwards when he was recovering. You don't think about what you would do in an emergency situation until it's on top of you. It just so happened that none of our family was able to come when Brian had his appendectomy. (And actually, we wouldn't have let them come for just an appendectomy. It was what came after that we needed help with!) So since we had no family around, we totally relied on our friends to help us out.
Christy Stout came and sat with me while we were waiting for Brian's surgery to start, and then fed me many meals in the days after (she also cleaned my kitchen!!) Eric and Lindsay came and sat with me during the surgery and for the madness afterwards. Heath came and handled phone duty and updates during the surgery and afterwards, and then came back on Wednesday so I could go home and shower, and then sat with Brian on Saturday so I could spend some time with friends. So many other friends were there with food, and we even had some out of town family come in so we would have some family there!! Also, Jae and Brad took Goose for several days so I could stay in the hospital with Brian, and Jae sent me this precious picture one day to cheer me up.
You don't think about how you would handle an emergency, or who would do what to help you out. But seeing our friends surround us in this time has been an incredible blessing. I would never wish this on anyone, but I know God has used this experience to let us know how blessed we truly are.
_________________________________________________________________
We got some FABULOUS news this past weekend. Our friend Amanda's EGO IS PREGGO!!! (Is that saying from "Juno"? I just love it...) We went to brunch last Sunday, and they told us the great news. Amanda's due with their 2nd bambino on July 31 (that will be our 5th wedding anniversary!!!)

This is Amanda with Madison (their first little kiddo) who will be 3 in March. On a side note, I have two other friends who have babies due around the same time as Amanda. Ashley Coleman's due on August 6 and my friend Ashly Gann is due the first part of July, I believe. (Even wierder, Ashly Gann's first kiddo, Lexi, is a month older than Madison, so they will have two kids within a month of each other!!)
__________________________________________________________________
Yesterday was our friend Heath's 30th birthday!!!

Let me just say, I did not start out to get him a pink birthday cake. I called Molly, Heath's mom, to find out what kind of cake he liked, but she wasn't there. Then I called Linda, Brian's mom, to get Molly's cell number. Since Linda has known Heath since the day he was born, she knew that strawberry cake was his favorite.
Well, as you may know, strawberry cake is not readily available. It's kind of a homemade thing only... BUT, I did find this raspberry cake, but the only one they had ready was iced with pink frosting. (What's the difference between frosting and icing, Susan??) Anywho, it was really good! And, we'll celebrate Heath's b-day big time this Saturday. Pictures to come, I assure you.
___________________________________________________________________
Well, I think you're current now. Sorry for the long update! Hope you're having a great week!





2 comments:
You are so sweet! And the cleaning was Jae's idea, I just went along with it! Love you guys!
yes, there is definitely a difference between Icing and Frosting- but the terms are often used interchangeably and vary regionally :)
Typically, your cake is frosted- unless you used a Fondant...
Post a Comment